EHFN JOB VACANCY ADVERTS
Over the last few months local businesses/individuals have approached the network to advertise jobs on Exmoor. We would be delighted to assist you with any marketing and able to circulate by email to over 500 members on our database . Please email adverts or copy to the Network officer. We ask for a £25 fee which includes emailing out to our members, advertised on our jobs page on our website and EHFN Facebook page.
To book or for further information please contact the office on 01643 841455 or email@example.com
Do you have a vermin problem & are looking for an environmentally friendly solution?
Cats Protection is a re-homing charity & we're often needing to home healthy neutered vaccinated cats that would prefer to live a feral lifestyle in fields & woodland or live outside with daily meals & somewhere dry to sleep. In return the cats would help to keep the rodent population under control.
For more information contact Sally on Winsford 01643 851805 or if out of hours Minehead 01643 653053.
We can also help with the trapping of feral/barn cats should they be sick/injured, need to be neutered or moved to another site.
Cleaner /Housekeeper/Ironer Required
12-16 hours per week in private family house | Dulverton area
Must be reliable ,honest and diligent ... excellent rate of pay and mileage. Two set mornings/afternoons and flexibility to suit re ironing and more hours. contact Emma Wallace firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01398 323459.
Would suit new entrant/budding young farmer without a current farming base. West edge of Exmoor. Acres with building, pastureland for livestock farming. Owners will remain in the farmhouse. Flexible terms for the right candidate.
Further details contact Peter Huntley at Exmoor Farmers Livestock Auctions Ltd on 01643 841841.
Customer Telephone Executive
£DoE | Full-time | Williton
NFU Mutual, a leading general insurer and financial services company, has been serving the rural community for over 100 years. As their local agency office in Williton, we deliver their award winning service and sell their product range across our region, championing the honest, personal approach to customer service they’re famous for.
As a Customer Telephone Executive within our small team, you’ll be working at the very heart of an expanding local business. Proactively maximising sales, by both cross-selling products to existing clients and generating new business, you’ll apply your sparkling telephone manner to make the most of every prospect, exceed targets and promote the organisation at every turn. A confident sales professional (ideally with telesales or financial services experience), you’ll consistently translate potential into revenue and will relish the challenge to drive the growth of a truly customer-focused local business. In return, you can expect full training in a
friendly and supportive environment.
To apply please email email@example.com or call 01984 633220 for more information. Closing date: 14 September 2017
Please note you’ll be employed by an Agent of NFU Mutual and not by NFU Mutual directly.
Technical Sales Vacancy
Timac Agro is actively seeking a Technical Sales candidate to develop the Exmoor area
If you have sound practical knowledge, and enthusiasm to help farmers move forward, we are looking to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity!
Unique Product Range across Soil, Plant and Animal Nutrition Recommend the best farming practices, and introduce a new way of thinking to the local farming community! Specific nutritional range for the Grassland, Beef or Sheep Farmer
For more information, please contact Robert Mathews on firstname.lastname@example.org OR 07896 134824 for more details.
Agricultural Service Sales Technician - MASONS KINGS
Reports To: Agricultural Service Sales Manager
To work under the direction of the Agricultural Service Sales Manager within an agricultural workshop enviroment, including on site visits. Based from our Depot outside Dulverton. Performing diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance on new and used agricultural equipment. Supporting the growth of aftermarket sales through the delivery of outstanding service.
• Performs diagnostics and repairs on new and used agricultural equipment, including AMS products.
• Completes all reports and administration required for work assignments (job cards – DTAC case – time sheets, etc) by agreed deadlines.
• Maintains a clean and tidy workshop, free from hazzards, assists with overall workshop organisation and correct use of specialist tools and vehicles.
• Maintain, observe and comply with all health and safety guidelines and regulations in performing work assignments.
• Maintain, observe and comply with all policies, systems and proceduresas laid out by the company.
• Participates in Service Training Certification programs required for the development of skills and knowledge.
• Carry out diagnostics and repairs in the field when required.
• Carry out PDI, service and repair work to customers or new equipment in accordance with assessed requirement and manufactures instructions.
• Provide to all customers an efficient, knowledgeable and courteous service.
• Mentor apprentices.
• Promotes aftermarket products and services to current and prospective customers.
• Operate out of hours call out service, at the request of the Service Sales Manager.
Skills & Qualifications
• 3+ years experience performing service and repairs.
• Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems to effect the repair of agricultural equipment.
• Ability to use standard computer applications, internet functions (training will be offered on JD Service Advisor).
• Ability to operate vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes.
• Good customer relationship skills.
• Familiar with John Deere and/or other manufactures products.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• John Deere and/or other manufacture certificates of proficiency.
• Vehicle driving licence necessary.
• Ability to work extended hours and weekends.
Please forward your CV to Kelly.Watts@masonskings.co.uk
Clipper Blade Sharpening
Gerald Burrough Clipper Blade Sharpening
Horse, Cattle and Sheep Comb and Cutter sharpening.
Horse and Cattle blades £6.50 per set
Sheep combs £1.00 each
Cutters £0.80 each
Plus P&P. No VAT.
West Buckland 01598 710098 / 07595 183858
Please leave a message if I am unavailable.
Work Placement opportunity at the Exmoor Hill Farming Network
Are you or someone you know (aged 16 + above) looking for some work experience?
Do you have an interest in farming, Exmoor and helping farmers succeed?
The Exmoor Hill Farming Network is a farmer led Network bringing information, training, demonstrations, skills and opportunities to upland farmers across Exmoor. We work in partnership with local farmers, local agencies and the wider Exmoor community to provide a long term information and support ‘hub’ for Exmoor’s farming community. This is a fantastic voluntary opportunity to gain real work experience in an area that interests you and also help develop the work of the network. You will assist with the day to day running of the Exmoor Hill Farming Network Office based at Cutcombe Market, working alongside the Network Officer.
Duration: 2 weeks to 4 weeks (flexible to meet your needs)
Based at: EHFN Office, Cutcombe Market, Wheddon Cross (with some offsite time dependant on training, peer groups, markets etc..)
Hours: flexible with some evening meetings
Voluntary work placement
The role includes:
• Supporting the facilitation of monthly peer support group meetings
• Arranging training courses
• Developing our engagement with the next generation
• Understanding the challenges faced by Exmoor farmers
• Working with local partnerships and organisations plus developing new partner links
• Working with our sponsors and potential sponsors
• Attending livestock markets and outside events
• Office Admin including call handling
• Shadowing the Network Officer
• The potential to undertake day visits to partner organisations
Agricultural / farming knowledge and an understanding of the Exmoor area is preferred. The Cutcombe office is rurally located and own transport will be required.
To apply please send a covering letter and CV to Katherine Williams, Exmoor Hill Farming Network, Cutcombe Market, Wheddon Cross, Minehead, TA24 7DT or for an informal chat please do call Katherine the Network Officer on 01643 841455 or email@example.com
Exmoor Hill Farming Network
Cutcombe Market, Wheddon Cross,
Minehead, Somerset TA24 7DT
Tel: 01643 841455
Office Hours: 9am - 1pm (Monday to Friday)
Website designed by North Devon+
kindly sponsored by: